Please share this job announcement widely. The position is part-time. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Policy Engagement Manager – Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light
For a decade Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light (PA IPL) has supported faith communities around the state responding to the threat of climate change as a key moral issue of our time through advocacy, education, energy conservation, energy efficiency, stewardship, and the use and promotion of clean, renewable energy.
PA IPL is part of a broad national network of 40 IPL affiliates and has recently completed a strategic planning process to chart its way forward.
We are seeking a part-time (10-20 hours) contract based Development Associate to be an integral member of the organization to ensure the organization’s financial health. We are looking for someone who is passionate about fundraising and development work, and especially PA IPL’s mission.
The Development Associate will work 10-20 hours per week under the supervision of the Executive Director. This is a contractor position established on a one year with a regular evaluation scheduled every six months to assess progress. PA IPL would like to make the Development Associate position a full-time regular staff position in the future funding permitting.
Primary responsibilities are aimed at implementing the organization’s development plan, including helping with fundraising activities, growing and cultivating donors, and helping with marketing and advertising.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate for small nonprofit development, especially someone with a connection to Climate Change/Climate Justice or faith community-based fundraising/ development in Pennsylvania. The candidate will be an excellent communicator, has interpersonal skills and organizational skills, is experienced in fundraising for nonprofits, and is committed to the mission and goals of PA IPL.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in:
We seek candidates who excel in communication and development, build strong relationships, are results-oriented, and are excellent problem solvers.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfort interacting with stakeholders of all levels and roles including partners, funders, and staff; the capacity to work independently with minimal supervision is a must.
- Ability to execute a long-term strategic plan while managing the details of the day-to-day
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent writer; able to craft a concise and compelling writing for PA IPL
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can build relationships and communicate across a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to function as team member
- Must have schedule flexibility
- College Degree
- Prior experience in development/fundraising experience, with a preference for such experience in the non-profit sector especially with environmental or faith-based organizations.
- Experience with digital fundraising.
- Must have knowledge of local/regional fundraising in Pennsylvania.
- Experience with donor management or CRM software is a plus
- A background in or sensitivity to faith based or interfaith work is a plus.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Job responsibilities may include any or all of the following. Specific responsibilities will be determined by the Executive Director based on PA IPL’s needs and the calendar of development activities.
- Work directly with the Executive Director to manage strategic priorities, fundraising operations, and reporting operations for development activities.
- Consult on the PA IPL’s communications, outreach, and development activities including social media, email marketing, direct mail, and media relations.
- Cultivate and expand PA IPLs individual donor base. Helping the board and others to cultivate and steward individual donors. Assist with donor relationship management.
- Cultivate and expand PA IPLs congregational donor base.
- Cultivate corporate/ foundation sponsors especially in relation to PA IPLs annual conference.
- Assist in the development of membership structures.
- Assist in the identification and submission of relevant Grant applications. Maintaining a grants calendar, and internal and external deadlines.
- Provide follow-up reports to the Executive Director and accountant.
- Oversee stewardship of all donor gifts, including data entry, tracking, reporting, correspondence, and follow-up in conjunction with the administrative staff
- Research, identify, and quantify new funding sources; introduce the Executive Director to new prospects at appropriate time.
The position is offered as a one-year contract with a six month scheduled evaluation. Compensation depends on experience with a salary range between $15-20/hour for 10-20 hours per week ($15,000-$20,000). As a contract position the Development Associate is not eligible for benefits.
Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light is an equal opportunity employer
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of at least three references to the Executive Director, David Heayn-Menendez at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.