The Rev. Alison Cornish, our gifted Executive Director, will be departing in July, when she moves out of state to be closer to family. We wish her smooth packing and many wonderful connections and discoveries in her new spot. It is with enormous gratitude for her leadership that we have begun to seek the next person who will step into the Executive Director role.
Please share this job announcement widely. The position is part-time. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Executive Director – Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light
For a decade Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light (PA IPL) has supported faith communities around the state responding to the threat of climate change as a key moral issue of our time. PA IPL is part of a broad national network of 40 IPL affiliates and has recently completed a strategic planning process to chart its way forward.
We are seeking a visionary: a flexible and creative individual who can help guide PA IPL into the next decade, particularly with the work of expanding and deepening the organization’s base of support and of helping PA IPL realize its broader goals from its strategic plan such as clarifying our organizational identity (rebranding and diversifying stakeholders), developing more focused programming, and building the necessary internal infrastructure to see PA IPL into the future.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in:
- Interfaith collaboration. The ideal candidate will be able to draw from their personal faith commitment and demonstrate an ability to build relationships across diverse faith communities and to articulate the particular contribution of interfaith climate change action and why it matters in the broader community of climate work.
- Written and oral communication, including comfort communicating PA IPL’s vision in a variety of contexts (houses of worship, faith-rooted or secular conferences, press conferences, workshops, and more) as well as in newsletters, blogs, and social media.
- Community organizing, including collaborating with or having established networks in frontline communities in order to develop and diversify local chapters, and support meaningful programming for specific geographic areas in urban, suburban, and rural contexts.
- Management skills that enable them to work collegially and oversee staff remotely, facilitation skills in both in-person and remote contexts, non-profit organizational skills (e.g. budgeting, program tracking), and a facility for learning new software.
- Fundraising. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success implementing campaigns, writing grants, building relationships with donors, and working with volunteers or a Board making direct appeals.
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania and federal climate policy and issues and the ability to articulate intersections of faith, ethics, and climate policy.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Partnering with, guiding, and inspiring a volunteer Board
- Working collaboratively with the half-time Program Director
- Overseeing independent contractors/consultants: currently a part-time administrative assistant, bookkeeper, and community organizer
- Overseeing state-wide program development
- Assisting development of local chapters and connections between regional programs
- Developing and implementing communications, outreach, and networking
strategies, including web and social media strategies
- Serving as the primary public voice of PA IPL
- Grant-seeking and leading the board in fundraising efforts
- Overseeing organizational and financial management of PA IPL
- Robust participation in the national IPL network
- Robust participation in the US Climate Action Network
This position is currently a half-time position with the possibility of growth and with a current salary range of $25,000-$30,000. Although the nature of the job is largely remote, it is not entirely, therefore the successful candidate will need to reside in Pennsylvania. Some benefits include reimbursement of cell phone use, internet service fees, contribution towards health care costs, and paid time off/vacation.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of at least three references to the PA IPL Search Committee at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.