- This event has passed.
VILLANOVA: Cardinal Peter Turkson and a multi-faith roundtable conversation
February 25, 2016 @ 9:30 AM - 11:30 AMFree
The Creation of Laudato Si
An Interfaith Conversation with Religious Leaders
Cardinal Peter Turkson
President, Pontifical Council on Justice & Peace, and a draft author of Laudato Sí
Free but RSVP REQUIRED by Feb. 18
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Villanova Room, Connelly Center
9:30–10AM Refreshments and Registration
10:00–11:30 AM Presentation by Cardinal Turkson with Multi-faith Responses & Roundtable Conversation
- Rabbi Malkah Binah Klein, Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light
- Rev. J. Anyabwile Bankole, Greater Mount Vernon Baptist Church
- Imam Sohaib Sultan, Princeton University
- Sister Marie Cook, Sisters of Mercy Mid-Atlantic Community
- Rabbi Arthur Waskow, Shalom Center
You are invited to share in this unique opportunity to learn the story behind the creation of Laudato Si and to discuss its impact in diverse religious communities and within the wider environmental movement.
Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson serves as the President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace. Working with the Council, Cardinal Turkson had primary responsibility for developing the first draft of Pope Francis’ encyclical on the environment, Laudato Si.