- This event has passed.
Panel Discussion the Biblical Imperative to Act on Climate Change
September 18, 2015 @ 2:30 PM - 4:00 PMFree
At Eastern University, St. David’s PA. Map and full address below.
The event is free and open to all, but seats are limited. Please REGISTER to reserve yours.
“Faith, Children, and the Moral Dimensions of Climate Change; A Panel Discussion on the Biblical Imperative for Climate Action.” A discussion on Evangelical & Catholic calls for climate action including Pope Francis’ Encyclical, Laudato Si’ and The Lausanne Movement for World Evangelism’s Cape Town Commitment.
The Honorable Robert P. Casey, Jr., Pennsylvania’s senior United States Senator is expected to moderate.
- Sister Mary Elizabeth Clark, SSJ. The Sisters of Saint Joseph Earth Center
- Ms. Gretchen Dahlkemper, Field Director, Mom’s Clean Air Force
- Rev. Mitchell C. Hescox, President, The Evangelical Environmental Network
- Dr. Daniel P. Scheid, Assistant Professor, McAnulty College & Graduate School of Liberal Arts, Department of Theology, Duquesne University
- Dr. David W. Unander, Professor of Biology, Eastern University
Welcome & Opening Prayer by Dr. Keith Iddings, Provost of Eastern University
A light reception will follow in the lobby of McInnis Hall.
*Please contact Kim Lownes (firstname.lastname@example.org, 610.341.4383) or Stella Urbina (email@example.com, 610.341.5931) with any questions.