Friday, April 17, 2015, 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
Grace Hall, Cabrini College REGISTER
At this free conference, concerned citizens will gather to examine the perils of climate change and how we as a society can address them.
- SEE the spiritual call to care for God’s creation.
- JUDGE the scientific evidence about the threats posed by climate change.
- ACT with practical initiatives on how to undertake take political, institutional, and personal advocacy to arrest climate change and bring about a greener world.
Plenary session speakers:
- John Francis Burke, Ph.D., Cabrini College
“The Greening of Catholic Social Teaching”
- Rabbi Arthur Waskow, Ph.D., The Shalom Center
”From Eden to Shabbat to Jubilee:
The Earth-Oriented Theology of the Hebrew Scriptures”
- Carrie Nielsen, Ph.D., Cabrini College
“A Scientific Engagement of Environmental Health Issues”
- Chuck Marshall, Central Baptist Church
“Striving for a Carbon-Neutral Faith-Based Community:
The Case of Central Baptist, Wayne PA”
- The Shalom Center, Environmental Political Advocacy
“Move Our Money, Protect Our Planet”
- Rev. Mitch Hescox, Evangelical Environmental Network
“The Joseph Pledge: Preparing Churches for Extreme Weather & Climate Change”
Lunch will be provided.
Topics and speakers subject to change.
- Cabrini College
- Chestnut Hill College Earth Center
- Eastern University Division of Student Development
- The Shalom Center
- Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light
- Evangelical Environmental Network
- Philadelphia PA Interfaith Power & Light
- The Pennsylvania Religious Coalition on Creation Care
- The National Religious Coalition on Creation Care
Supporting the Conference for Climate Change
To donate to the Climate Change Conference, please indicate your designation under “If Other, please specify” on the Online Giving Form.
Donations will be used to cover conference costs, such as lunch.
For more information, contact John F. Burke, Ph.D. via email or at 610-902-8772