PA IPL in 2022
On Monday, January 24th at 7:30pm the Main Line Chapter of PA IPL welcomed David Heayn-Menendez, the Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Interfaith Power and Light, to speak about the exciting plants, grants, and projects PA IPL will be moving forward with in 2022.
In particular he talks about grant funding and projects such as:
* local opportunities for creation care (tree planting and other projects)
* climate education opportunities in Philadelphia and the western suburbs
* watershed preservation opportunities
* the 2022 election/civic engagement effort
* lobbying and advocacy efforts (BBB, clean energy, local issues, etc.)
* other grant driven projects
David’s objectives include connecting with the Main Line PA IPL chapter, figuring out funding opportunities, and assisting in bringing projects and initiatives to fruition. To that end, David has invited a second guest, Aurora Dizel from the Darby Creek Valley Association (DCVA), who speaks more about the collaboration between PA IPL, the Chesapeake Bay Fund, and DCVA. This suggests an example of the type of work the Main Line chapter might want to be involved in with local partners.