Building Climate Resilience in Our Own Communities with PA IPL & JEA
This meeting, recorded Wednesday, January 19, 2022, was part of PA IPL’s ongoing partnership with Jewish Earth Alliance (JEA).
Building Climate Resilience in Our Own Communities
* Inspirational spiritual remarks given by Donna Kochirka
* Brief presentations on models to illustrate how our communities and land can become more climate resilient:
· urban and rural tree planting efforts by the PA IPL by Mark Smith and Greg Williams
· a new nonprofit organization that focuses on local sourcing of materials and building local self-reliance by Judy Wicks
· an initiative in Pittsburgh to install solar panels on front line homes through the Open Ministries
* Q & A in which participants share what they are doing as individuals or congregations to make our communities more climate resilient
This is a fascinating and uplifting program and should inspire Green Teams within congregations and communities to include new projects.