This post contains part 2 of our July 2020 newsletter. Part 1 is Executive Director Alison Cornish’s departing letter, offering encouragement, gratitude, and celebration.
- Sustained Advocacy Policy Update calls happen on 4th Thursdays, 12:30-1:30. Summaries come out about a week later and include positive news, a discussion hook (for policymakers, friends, family, or congregational study groups), a federal and a state action item, some background to keep current and build your base of knowledge, and our closing prayer or meditation. You need not attend the live call to get (and use!) the summary Sign up here.
- Our celebration of connection, action, and hope, Stories from the Road, debuts
- August 1st (Lammas Day), and concludes September 1st (World Day of Prayer for Creation) with a live (online) celebration.
- National IPL board member, the Rev. Dr. Gerald Durley, will speak at the funeral of Rev. C.T. Vivian at Providence Baptist Church in Atlanta on Thursday, July 23rd at 10:55 a.m. People in PA IPL’s networks are invited to view the livestream either at the PMBC Website or the PMBC YouTube channel.
- Watch a film, and make a discussion group date with friends or family.
- Cooked: Survival by Zipcode is available to view via PBS’s Independent Lens, and is relevant in this time of heat emergency.
- Come Hell or High Water: The Battle for Turkey Creek — watch the video with an individual or a congregational “ticket” August 2-4, then tune in for the panel discussion on August 5.
- We are working on distribution permissions for a 30 min film with Pennsylvania connections: Unbreathable: The Fight for Heathy Air. Watch the trailer now, and watch for opportunities next month.
We are here to abet creation and to witness to it, to notice each other’s beautiful face and complex nature so that creation need not play to an empty house.