are looking for have found and hired a part-time (building to full-time) Executive Director as part of our work to grow our capacity! Cricket Hunter is looking forward to shifting to a new position as director of Programs and Outreach.
Executive Director – Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light
Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light (PA IPL) seeks a dynamic individual, committed to lifting up the moral dimensions of climate change, to serve as Executive Director. PA IPL, one of nearly 40 state affiliates of Interfaith Power & Light, works with individuals, communities and institutions of faith to fight against climate disruption and for a more just, sustainable future for all. Building upon our successes to date in energy conservation programs, development of spiritual resources, educational outreach, and advocacy, our new executive director will help guide us as we grow from one part time staff person to a multiple person staff with a full-time executive director over the next three years. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Partnering with, guiding, and inspiring a volunteer board
- Overseeing state-wide program development
- Assisting development of and connections between regional programs
- Developing and implementing communications, outreach, and networking strategies, including web and social media strategies
- Serving as the primary public voice of PA IPL
- Grant-seeking, and leading the board in fundraising efforts
- Managing PA IPL staff, beginning with a program director
- Overseeing organizational and financial management of PA IPL
- Coordinating efforts with national IPL and other state IPLs, including annual conference in DC
Preferred location is Philadelphia or Harrisburg, though there is some flexibility. We seek candidates who have an active faith commitment to protect people and planet from climate disruption, who seek to promote justice for all of God’s creation, and who will add to the diversity of our work. Experience with non-profit boards, diverse faith communities, climate change and sustainable energy, fundraising, program development, management, and advocacy are all important, but we understand that some excellent candidates might need to learn on the job about one or more of these areas. Excellent written and oral communication skills are critical. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and facility with learning new technologies are essential; experience with WordPress , Salsa, and other web design and CRM programs a plus.
This position will start as half-time and move to full time within the next 18-36 months. Salary range for the half-time position is $20-25,000. A track record of success in fundraising may result in speeding the transition to full-time work. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of at least three references to Cricket Hunter at email@example.com . Review of applications will begin on June 4, with interviews conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.