#GivingTuesday is a little strange — it feels oddly commercial for an expression of the widely-held desire to return our collective focus to the values and wonder of the season, but here we are, and the work of PA IPL has never been more needed. Please do use today to support our work financially, and reach out tomorrow to find out how to increase your participation. And, of course, pray for success greater than the sum of the parts. Nurture hope in the darkness. Lean toward the Light.
What are we up to?
- Concrete projects like Weatherization First, Positively Green, and Bright Idea reduce carbon emissions for everyone and cut bills for our neighbors who are struggling to make ends meet.
- Cool Congregations and walk-through audits help congregations with buildings focus their upgrades for maximum emissions savings (and comfort!).
- Faith-focused programs tailored to tap into the theme of a denominational gathering, or the success of a mission-driven program in a congregation, and speakers and writers that bring a faith voice to secular conversations about climate change are all part of our work, as are opportunities to gather as people of faith from different traditions, but with a common goal.
- PA IPL takes moral and ethical concerns to our public officials, particularly our PA legislators in Washington, and the EPA, through public hearing and comment processes. We ask them to step up to the challenge, and we offer, as a non-partisan, interfaith group, to connect them with scientists, ethicists, and faith leaders when they are ready to learn more.
- Most invisible, but perhaps most powerful: PA IPL is gathering and feeding the network of people seeking to respond to the enormous challenges of climate change, and to keep the light burning in what can sometimes feel like an overwhelming darkness. Our work is volunteer driven, and our office space generously donated by a partnering organization, but we need your financial contributions to keep us moving forward. We are ready to step to the next level, increasing outreach and programing, but we’re clear that it will take a bit more than a single part-time staffer.
We have come this far with your help.
Will you help fuel our work at the next level?