- This event has passed.
Spring Forward and Leave Fracking Behind: MORALtorium on fracking
March 21, 2016 @ 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Calendar description of full event.
PA IPL board resolution on fossil fuel infrastructure.
Rabbi Daniel Swartz remarks, on our blog.
Rev. Leah Schade’s remarks, published on her blog, EcoPreacher.
State Impact PA piece on the event.
Allegheny Front piece on the event.
Arlene Edmonds for the Philadelphia Tribune.
Philadelphia Jewish Voice piece
A coalition of faith community groups and leaders is joining to work toward a MORALtorium on new drilling in Pennsylvania.
9:00 Lobby Training at Grace UMC
10:15 inter-religious service of hope and courage at Grace United Methodist Church
11:00 Rally and Press conference in the Rotunda of the Capitol Building
12:00 – 4:00 Meet in pairs with legislators (make an appointment by calling yours and asking for one!)
As people of faith we are seeking
- A MORALtorium on any new wells that involve hydraulic fracturing
- Full funding for the examination of existing PA wells to monitor for methane leaks polluting he air and gas leaks polluting the water.
- Full funding for the cleanup of contaminated wells with which cause health and safety problems for Pennsylvanians.
- Support for renewable energy jobs.
- Retraining workers who are displaced from fossil fuel-related jobs for the emerging renewable energy sector.
- Benedictine Sisters of Erie
- Benedictines for Peace, Erie PA
- PA Council of Churches
- The Interfaith Alliance of Pennsylvania
- PA IPL
- Pax Christi Pittsburgh
- Interfaith Alliance of Pennsylvania
- Sierra Club
- The Shalom Center
- Sisters of St. Joseph
- Pennsylvanians Against Fracking
- Allegheny County Clean Air Now
- The Thomas Merton Center
- Physicians for Social Responsibility, Philadelphia
Download a PDF flier to share.