- This event has passed.
Coming Together and Facing the Mess We’re In
December 1, 2016 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Facilitated by Marcia Berry & Sarah Preston
HARRISBURG Dec. 1 flier
At this extraordinary moment after this extreme and toxic political season, we may find ourselves needing support, needing a venue to express our emotions, needing to gain perspective and make sense of things, and needing to come together in community to build resilience.
Rooted in the work of Joanna Macy, Buddhist scholar, and activist, this workshop offers:
- restorative practices to help us to reconnect to the web of life and each other
- rituals for expressing our truth and reclaiming our power
- insights we can draw strength from
- an empowering framework to help us move out of overwhelm and despair
- an opportunity to build community and solidarity with others
It can be tempting to want to turn away, or numb ourselves in this challenging time. However, the ability to face our pain and grief for world conditions is a gateway for transformation.
Our pain for the world springs from our profound caring for the world, from our connection with all beings. And it is actually from our pain that our power to act on behalf of the world arises.
Join us. . . a time to come together, acknowledge and express what we’re feeling, and take steps toward clarifying how each of us might move forward into thoughtful, meaningful action.
We are not meant to do this alone.
- Express the truth of what you see happening in our world.
- Connect with kindred spirits.
- Reawaken your stamina and buoyancy.
- Reaffirm your intention to live and act for the sake of all beings.
FREE WILL OFFERING APPRECIATED
Call Marcia for more information: 717-776-4444
Thursday, December 1, 2016 6:30-8:30 pm in HARRISBURG
Dec. 1 flier
Workshop also offered Sunday, December 4, 2016 1:00 to 4:00 in LANCASTER
Dec. 4 flier